Monday, June 15, 2009

Forgiveness

It is already one week after I came back from my church family camp in Taiping Golf Resorts and I am still thinking about the messages Rev Clement Wong gave during the camp. Rev Clement was an invited speaker at the camp. The theme of the camp was 'Being Faithfull to God" After three sessions on the theme he felt that a change of topic is appropriate as he sensed the group needed it. Hence, on the fourth sessions he dealt on the concept of forgiveness. I couldn't agree with him more. In fact it is such a blessing to have this dealt with at the camp.

I reproduce below the six concepts of forgiveness that he shared.

1. To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.

2. To forgive sets you free from the past to live for the future.

3. To forgive is an act of the will not emotion.

4. To forgive does not mean to justify the offender.

5. To forgive is choosing to live in the light.

6. To forgive releases a person to change.

I am personally blessed by this message and I am sure many of my church members benefitted too as many of them shared with me how they were ministered at the camp.

No comments: